Join a welcoming boat crew as you enjoy spectacular Halifax coastal views while searching for whales and other sea life. Set sail through Halifax Harbor, one of the world’s largest natural harbors, while traveling on a boat equipped with two observation decks, one open to the elements, one closed, and a full bar. Listen to your guide's commentary as you take in the wonderful views and wildlife along the coastline of Georges and McNab's Islands before entering the great North Atlantic. You may see some marine life including seals, porpoises, sunfish and whales. Enjoy the true maritime experience of hauling in a live lobster trap while the onboard naturalist introduces you to the economic importance of the lobster fishing industry and takes you through the unique life cycle of these crustaceans; keep your eyes peeled as they are elusive creatures -- brilliantly camouflaged and thus seldom seen! Also, enjoy onboard demonstrations including a touch tank.
• Scenic Cruise: Sail across Halifax Harbor on a vessel equipped with two observation decks, one open to the elements, one closed, and a full bar.
• Marine Life: Engage sea life through onboard touch tanks and spot majestic marine life that roam these fertile waters.
• Lobster Trapping: Learn about the area’s maritime history and get a chance to help pull an Atlantic lobster trap.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Shoes with non-slip soles
• Wind/water-resistant jacket
• Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• The vessel has a fully licensed bar, canteen, and washroom facilities.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.