Feel at one with the waves as you glide across crystal-blue Canadian waters on a one-hour forty five minute, small-group sail that includes picturesque waterside scenery and hands-on sailing instructions by a professional captain. A short 10-minute walk along Halifax's wooden boardwalk brings you to a nearby dock where a 45-foot sailing yacht, its experienced captain, and friendly crew await your arrival. Prepare to cast away into the deep waters of Halifax Harbour, relishing views of the Nova Scotian coastline and city skyline. As you sail around small islands, you'll have the opportunity to learn the ropes of sailing as you fully participate in raising the sails, tacking, gybing and manning the helm. Experience the thrill of going full speed on a downwind run, or if you prefer, sit back on the spacious deck and relax, feeling the wind in your hair. Along the way you'll see rocky shorelines, natural landmarks, historic lighthouses and perhaps even marine life — all while hearing tales of the area's rich maritime history, including a collection of some 45 shipwrecks that still remain sunken below the water's surface.
• Halifax Harbour: In a small group with a professional captain, set sail across blue waters past the city skyline.
• Sailing adventure: Here's your chance to learn the basics — raising the sails, tacking, gybing and piloting included.
• Nova Scotia: Rugged seascapes, natural landmarks, old lighthouses, sunken shipwrecks and marine life abound on a narrated cruise.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Shoes with non-slip soles
• Warm clothes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles over wooden surfaces, with inclines and about 10 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• This tour is not suitable for guests with limited mobility.
• This tour is not suitable for full-time wheelchair/motorized scooter users.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.