Calling all thrill seekers for a four-hour adrenaline rush that includes the ultimate freedom of a self-guided zip line obstacle course and the rare chance to brave the world's ZipRider in all its glory. Amid the dense vegetation of second growth rainforest you'll suit up with gloves and a double, sling-style harness that attaches to a continuous belay system that lets you explore the outdoor adventure park's zip line courses at your own pace. With a choice of four levels of routes, you blaze your own trail through the treetops as you encounter log bridges, vertical planks, fishermen's nets and high-speed zip line cables. As if that's not enough electrifying adventure, you'll then ascend the summit of Hoonah Mountain by bus to experience the ZipRider — the world's largest zip line ride stands taller than the Empire State Building, with a 1,330-foot drop over craggy cliffsides. You'll be seated and secured in a special harness and then feel your heart race as you soar 300 feet above the treetops at speeds of up to 60 miles per hour. Open your eyes to see the dramatic Alaska landscape unfold before you before landing safely on the beach.
• Adventure park: Explore an outdoor obstacle course tucked among the dense Alaska rainforest, all at your own pace.
• Ziplining: A series of four courses vary in difficulty while offering 60 challenging obstacles and 13 zip line cables.
• ZipRider: The surge of adrenaline from flying down the world's largest zip line ride is unlike anything you'll ever experience.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Camera with lanyard
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Closed-toe shoes
• Layered clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .2 miles over gravel surfaces, with inclines and about 3 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests with a fear of heights should not select this tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• Guests must sign a waiver form to participate.
• Guests under 18 years must have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian and must be under constant supervision of an adult (participating or non-participating) with a ratio of one adult for every three participating minors.
• All cameras must be kept in a lanyard.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.