Get a dose of authentic Cretan lifestyle on an excursion that visits both the distant past and the captivating present. Begin with a guided photo stop at the extensive ruins of the ancient city of Aptera, a name derived from the king of Crete, a contemporary of Moses who lived around 1800 BC. Then tour the charming villages of Georgioupolis and Gavalochori, followed by a bit of free time in Chania Town.
• Aptera: Peer into Crete's ancient past at extensive ruins found above the harbor of Souda, where Paleokastro now stands.
• Georgioupolis: Take a short guided tour of the small port village, then break away for free time to explore.
• Gavalochori: Visit this very old, traditional Cretan village, a popular summer resort with only about 350 permanent residents
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash (Euros)/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one mile over various surfaces and cobblestone streets with inclines and a few steps
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• Return drive from Gavalochori to port approximately 45 minutes.
• Guests failing to meet return coach are responsible for finding their own way back to ship.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German, Italian and Spanish.
• A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.