Discover an archaeological site unlike any other, one that offers such a visceral snapshot of a mysterious, lost civilization that you just might feel the presence of the Minotaur around the next corner. Located 2-½ hours from port by coach, tour Knossos and the three-story frescoed Palace Complex of King Minos, testaments to the vibrancy of Minoan culture and the significance and splendor of its ancient court. Afterwards, enjoy one hour free-time in Heraklion.
• Knossos: Glimpse an exquisite remnant of 1700 BC Minoan civilization, later destroyed by natural disaster, and rediscovered in 1878.
• Palace of Minos: Visit ruins and reconstructed segments of the legendary labyrinth of the Minotaur.
• Heraklion: Savor free time to seek out local delicacies for lunch, shop or sightsee in the capital of Crete.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges must not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately two miles over uneven ground and rocky surfaces with inclines and 25 to 35 steps.
• Guests may experience long lines to enter some venues.
• Drive time from/to Chania approximately 2-1/2 hours each way.
• Guests failing to meet return coach are responsible for finding their own way back to ship.