Explore the treasures of Newfoundland while hearing of its significance in world history as you view the picturesque scenery of Fort Amherst, the battlefields of Signal Hill, and fascinating exhibits at the underground Geo Centre Museum.
• First, your journey brings you to Fort Amherst, where you can breathe in the fresh salty air and take in dramatic vistas, which include craggy coastline, blue seas, and a stately lighthouse.
• Next depart for Signal Hill, Newfoundland’s most famous landmark with sweeping views from 685-feet high atop the city, and remnants from 17th-century battlefields.
• View the continent’s most easterly point and learn about the first transatlantic wireless signal that Marconi received from this spot in 1901.
• Next, head to an award-winning geological museum the Johnson Geo Centre, which is located underground in an excavated glacial formation that shows the exposed bedrock of the hill, and see a geological fault across the entrance way to St. John's Harbor
• Browse the large geological-themed gift shop within the spacious museum before your scenic return drive through downtown.
What to Bring:
• Credit card
What to Wear:
• Non-slip shoes
• Excursion is not wheelchair accessible.