This Juneau tour combines three great experiences in one: biking, glacier viewing and beer tasting. The first stop is at the charming Chapel-by-the-Lake for a view of Auke Lake. Then ride to the west side of the Mendenhall Glacier. After a beach stop, continue to the visitor area at the Glacier’s east side. Next, board a van and head to historic Merchant’s Wharf, where you’ll sample beers from award-winning Alaskan microbreweries.
• Biking: Marvel at the natural beauty that surrounds Juneau at a mellow pace with knowledgeable, local guides.
• Unparalleled Glacier Views: See the stunning Mendenhall Glacier from a variety of vantage points.
• Microbrew Tasting: Sample award-winning Alaskan beers at Merchant's Wharf in downtown Juneau.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• All bikers are fitted with a street bike, helmet, and water bottle, and also receive a safety briefing.
• The ride covers approximately 8.5 miles on a mostly flat road with some rolling hills.
• The portion of the ride to Mendenhall Glacier's east side includes a one-mile trail ride through the rainforest.
• Minimum age for the beer tasting is 21 years with photo ID and date of birth.
• Guests should consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition should take particular caution when selecting a tour.
• Guests who have health concerns should consult with their doctor before engaging in any strenuous activity. There are risks involved with this activity and guests should be aware of them before deciding to participate.
• Guests must be at least 10 years old and 56 inches tall.