Experience Alaska's spectacular beauty in an exciting way during this scenic and gentle rafting adventure down the Mendenhall River. Glide across the iceberg-studded lake, marvel at the-mile-wide glacier and set course downstream. The five-mile route combines meandering stretches with moderate rapids. The rapids are perfectly safe, just exciting enough for beginners, and appropriate for all ages. Learn about the natural phenomena at work in this scenic valley while enjoying the spectacular scenery as you float downstream. Don’t forget to watch for wildl
• Learn the natural history, native lore and Tlingit legends related to the surrounding scenery and wildlife of the region.
• Join a paddle raft team or let an expert take the helm.
• Round trip transfer, rain gear and life jacket provided. Alaskan style snack and an “I shot the Mendenhall” pin.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
• Extra pair of socks
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Warm clothing
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Shoes with non-slip soles
• Guests must be capable of climbing 15-20 steps and get in and out of rafts without assistance.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests with concerns should check with their personal physician.
• Rain gear and life jackets provided.