Glide into a glorious adventure on a two-person sea kayak to view mighty Mendenhall Glacier. Learn paddling techniques from an expert, then set out for possible close encounters with wildlife against a spectacular backdrop of forested slopes, nearby peaks and the icy spires of a glacier. Tour Fritz Cove, look for bald eagles and humpback whales, and visit the Mendenhall Wetlands, a protected habitat teeming with birds, mammals and marine life.
• Kayaking: Whether beginner or expert paddler, explore the unforgettable richness of the region native-style.
• Wildlife Galore: Look out for countless marine life, land mammals and hundreds of species of birds.
• Breathtaking Scenery: Feel your spirit soar as you view Mendenhall Glacier and Mendenhall Wetlands.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Guests must be able and willing to paddle for 1.5-2 hours.
• Tour begins with a narrated tour through a historic part of Juneau on the way to North Douglas Island.
• Protective raingear, boots and lifejackets are provided.
• This tour is not recommended for guests with pre-existing medical conditions such as cardiac, respiratory, or orthopedic conditions, including joint injuries or disease, or any other serious medical condition. Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving water-based activities. Guests should consider their swimming ability when selecting tours involving water-based activities.
• Guests must weigh between 40 and 250 pounds.