Take to the air in a helicopter to discover the wondrous landscapes of the Juneau region. Fly over the temperate rainforests and granite peaks that surround Alaska's capital city, to a landing spot on one of the 36 glaciers that flow from the 1,500-square-mile Juneau Icefield. During a 1-hour interpretive walk, a guide will explain the glacier's features and allow guests ample time to take photos of a lifetime.Highlights:
• Helicopter Flightseeing: Glimpse the astonishing natural beauty of the region from a bald eagle's perspective.
• Glacier Trekking: Get up close and personal with one of the planet's greatest natural treasures.
• No Experience Necessary: Guides teach guests how to use the equipment, enabling even beginners to travel easily. What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable clothing Important Notes:
• Flight time: Approximately 30 minutes.
• Rain and windproof outerwear, boots and gloves are provided for your comfort.
• You will be outfitted in windproof/waterproof outerwear, mountaineering boots with crampons, a waist pack complete with a granola bar and water, and a trekking pole for added stability on the glacier.
• Due to flight weight restrictions, all guests must register their body weight at the time of booking.
• Guests weighing 250 lbs. or more (fully clothed) will be assessed a weight surcharge of $100 to reserve adequate space on board the helicopter. This is a requirement of the helicopter operators to ensure guest safety and comfort. The surcharge will be manually added to your account.
• Guest minimum age: 8 years old.