Experience majestic scenery and abundant wildlife on this exclusive Juneau shore excursion that combines whale watching exploration with an easy hike on a secluded rainforest trail at the Mendenhall Glacier. Embark on this intimate, small group journey as your adventure begins with a narrated drive through Juneau where you will learn about local culture and history. Then, accompany our certified interpretive guide for a leisurely hike through the temperate rainforest. Learn about rainforest and moraine ecology, and uncover the story of the Mendenhall Glacier using clues and signs left in the forest. Finally, board a custom-built safari vessel for an exciting ride as you explore Stephens Passage for Juneau's abundant wildlife, including a whale sighting guarantee!
• Marvel at amazing Mendenhall Glacier while learning that the surrounding ecosystem was entirely covered by ice only 100 years ago.
• Discover some of the most interesting marine animals by boarding a specialized safari vessel for a unique wildlife experience.
• See guaranteed whale sightings from under the cover of your cabin or by venturing out onto the open decks.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Weather gear if necessary
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Layered clothing
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Tour operates in all weather conditions.
• Group size is limited to 20 maximum to ensure a comfortable and interactive atmosphere.
• Guests must be of age and ability to hike approximately 1 mile and be on their feet for about 1.25 hours.
• Guests receive a free color publication, remembering Juneau by Land and Sea.
• Bottled water and a snack pack are provided.
• Each person will receive a $100 cash refund from the tour operator at the conclusion of the tour is a whale is not sighted on the trip.
• Guests eligible to win prizes in annual Capture Juneau Photo Contest.
• Kindly note that the independent tour operator for this Shore Excursion has recently advised that only vaccinated guests will be able to participate on their tours due to changes in their health and safety policies.