Prepare for a three-hour, palate-pleasing romp around Juneau's culinary standouts, as you eat and drink your way around a handful of local establishments with a resident guide, savoring a true taste of Alaska's unique flavors. Head out on foot alongside a local resident foodie expert, as you meander a route through Alaska's capital city, passing its memorial parks, public art murals and historic statues. You'll treat your taste buds to a variety of area delicacies dished out of a wide-ranging selection of eateries, from seaside crab shacks and food truck “ships” to a salmon shop, sports bar, upscale chef-inspired restaurant and artisanal teahouse. The day's menu will tantalize every craving: Slurp spoonfuls of King crab bisque and savor a panko-crusted salmon filet. Try Alaskan game sausage and kelp salsa. Eat smoked hog wings paired with hard cider and fresh-caught halibut paired with fine wine. Plus, sip Ice Cave Blue Tea sourced from locally grown leaves and nibble on spruce tip salted caramels containing sea salt from the Gulf of Alaska. Then enter the Alaskan Bar, a venerable, turn-of-the-century institution housed in the oldest operating hotel in Southeast Alaska. Among the saloon-style setting from 1913, you'll sample three award-winning suds from the nearby Alaskan Brewing Company.
• Juneau: Set out on a guided stroll around this capital city's crab shacks, salmon shops, chef-helmed restaurants and sports bars.
• Alaskan cuisine: Eat King crab bisque, panko-crusted salmon, game sausage, hog wings, halibut, kelp salsa, and spruce tip salted caramels.
• Alaskan Bar: Your tasting trail also includes three Alaskan Brewing Company beer samples in this historic drinking establishment.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Layered clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.2 miles over uneven surfaces, with inclines and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests must sign a waiver form to participate.
• Guests with dietary restrictions should not select this tour.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.