Join a knowledgeable local guide for a three-hour narrated bus ride through Skagen, as you pass its notable museums, enjoy refreshments in a hotel, view the Rabjerg Mile sand dunes. Start your adventure across Denmark’s Jutland peninsula by driving past the Skagens Museum, hearing the story of this town’s famous painters. Pass by the Museum of Local History Archive, which explores Skagen’s maritime legacy, and also Klitgaarden, former summer estate of the Danish Royal family. Admire the Skagen Odde Nature Centre’s design by renowned architect Jorn Utzon, and the bright-yellow houses of Old Skagen. Relax in a local hotel with coffee, tea and Danish pastries before heading to see the Rabjerg Mile. The largest moving coastal dune in Northern Europe, this sandy space sits 130 feet above sea level and each year moves about 50 feet. Your final photo stop is at Grenen, offering a panoramic view of the northernmost point of Denmark featuring a long sandbar.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Skagen: Take a narrated drive past world-famous museums, Royal residences, remarkable architecture and breathtaking seascapes, plus refreshments in a hotel.
• Rabjerg Mile: Behold Northern Europe’s largest migrating coastal sand dune, sitting high above sea level in a desert-like landscape.
• Grenen: At Denmark’s northernmost point, you'll see from a distance the country end at a dramatic sandbar point.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Umbrella (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Wet weather gear
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .06 miles over flat surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• This tour is not suitable for full-time wheelchair/motorized scooter users.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• This tour is accessible to guests with limited mobility; however, guests must be able to climb into the coach and take a few, small steps on their own.
• Tour operates in all weather conditions. Appropriate weather gear recommended.
• The drive between port and Rabjerg Mile is approximately 25 minutes.
• Tour sequence may vary.