Embark on a three-hour adventure that brings to light Skagen's natural wonders, authentic flavors and art history as you walk past notable landmarks, enjoy refreshments in Brondums Hotel and peruse the Skagens Museum art collection. Follow a guide on foot to Vippefyr, a replica of a navigational lantern from 1627. Continue along the beachfront Sonderstrand and through residential streets lined with yellow-washed homes. In the town's historic center you'll see Skagen Church, hearing the story of the sand-covered old church and its new design. A refreshment stop will be made at historic Brondums Hotel. Over coffee, tea and Danish pastries you'll delve into its history dating back to 1839, from a family-owned farm to the prominent authors and artists who've stayed here. Your last, but certainly not least, stop leads you inside Skagens Museum to feast your eyes on a remarkable collection of artworks by the Skagen Painters. This collective of artists is known the world over as one of the most famous art colonies in Scandinavia. Inspired by Jutland's plein air motifs, these creatives lived in Skagen towards the end of the 19th century — and their paintings, drawings and sculptures still amaze visitors today.
• Skagen: Join a guided walking tour past the Vippefyr lantern, seaside Sonderstrand, traditional yellow houses, and Skagen Church.
• Brondums Hotel: Learn about the family-owned history and famous guests of this fine guesthouse while enjoying Danish snacks.
• Skagens Museum: A collection of masterworks by the world-famous Skagen Painters of the late-1800s depicts local landscapes and people.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.7 miles over cobblestone surfaces, with inclines and about 12 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.