Delight in a three-hour sightseeing walk around Denmark's northernmost town, one that lets you see historic landmarks, taste Danish beer at Skagen Bryghus, and explore along the old Skagen Marina district. Your footpath first leads you to the Brondums Hotel, a 19th-century family-owned lodging known for its famous guests. Snap photos of traditional yellow houses before stopping in front of one in particular — the Archer home and studio housed two celebrated Danish artists in the early 1900s. You'll then enter Skagen Bryghus, Denmark's northernmost brewery. Learn about the brewing techniques used at the renovated facility that once was the old power station. In Denmark's charming brewery you'll sip a sampling of three signature beers, with selections ranging from a pilsner and IPA to a porter, double bock and seasonal brews. Your discovery continues with a stroll along the harbor of the country's leading fishing port. Since the early 1900s Skagen has reigned supreme in the herring industry — and your sightseeing path is lined with seafood restaurants, tall sailboats, and the old fishing warehouses designed by Danish architect Thorvald Bindesboll.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Skagen: Take a walk around town as your guide points out historic Brondums Hotel and homes of famous Danish artists.
• Skagen Bryghus: Tour the newly renovated brewery and then sip a selection of three Danish suds in the beer garden.
• Skagen Marina: Picturesque waterside scenery accented with sailboats, seafood restaurants, and old fishermen warehouses await you by the harbor.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.7 miles over cobblestone surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Legal drinking age in Denmark is 18 years.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.