Spend a thrilling seven-hour day among Kochi's great outdoors while walking across the Iya Kazurabashi suspension bridge, exploring Biwa Waterfall, eating local Japanese dishes, and cruising by boat around picturesque Oboke Gorge. Feel your heart race as you carefully walk your way across Iya Kazurabashi Bridge, a mountain-vine-constructed crossing dangling 45 feet above the babbling waters of the Iya River. You'll then learn about the folklore of Heike clan fugitives that once played in the emerald waters of Biwa Waterfall as you stand before its moss-covered cascades. In a nearby local restaurant you'll be treated to a selection of Japanese foods traditionally prepared in this rural countryside setting. Then top off the day with a boat trip down the placid waters of the Yoshino River. You'll easily be captivated by the natural scenery, as the Iya Valley's rock formations and steep cliffs surround you in dramatic fashion.
• Iya Kazurabashi Bridge: Test your bravery while crossing a suspension bridge, made of tree vines, spanning above the Iya River.
• Biwa Waterfall: Admire the tucked-away beauty of this small cascade before enjoying a tasty Japanese meal in a rural eatery.
• Oboke Gorge: Watch as jagged cliffs and mountain valleys unfold before you on a cruise down the Yoshino River.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .9 miles over paved surfaces, with inclines and about 75 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests must remove shoes and sit on a cushioned floor during boat cruise.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• The drive between pier and bridge is approximately 80 minutes.
• The drive between gorge and pier is approximately 90 minutes.
• Tour sequence may vary.