Piece together the centuries-long history of Ephesus on a 6.5-hour fully guided tour that takes you from the House of Virgin Mary to the city's most prominent ruins, to the Basilica of St. John, plus enjoy an authentic Turkish meal. You'll first enter the House of Virgin Mary, listening along as your guide shares about the later years of Jesus' mother. It's in this small stone building where she is believed to have lived before she died — and you'll have the chance to drink holy water from the Fountain of Our Lady. Then head into the center of Ephesus, a once-thriving ancient Greek settlement that today stands in ruins. Walk along Arcadian Way, the main thoroughfare into town, and then comb the crumbling ruins of its Great Theater, sacred temples, steam baths, and the most famous landmark, the Library of Celsus. Moving on to the Basilica of St. John, you'll hear about the life and death of the influential evangelist while standing before his tomb. To round out the day, enjoy a buffet of Turkish cuisine served in a luxury hotel before enjoying a Turkish carpet presentation back in Kusadasi, where you'll meet your ship.
• House of Virgin Mary: See where Jesus' mother spent her later years, including its Wishing Wall and holy fountain.
• Ephesus: Take a narrated walk along Arcadian Way past the ruined Great Theater, temple of Hadrian, and Library of Celsus.
• Basilica of St. John: Stand before the tomb of this Apostle, then dine on Turkish delicacies in an upscale hotel.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2.6 miles over uneven surfaces, with inclines and about 70 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• On August 15th the House of Virgin Mary will be heavily congested due to the Assumption of Mother Mary day.
• Guests can expect waiting and queuing time at House of Virgin Mary.
• The drive between pier and House of Virgin Mary is approximately 45 minutes.
• Tour sequence may vary.