Explore Ketchikan's dynamic, unbridled wilderness by water and air, as you embark on a boat ride through Misty Fjords National Monument before flying in a floatplane over the two-million-acre area. Set sail through picturesque Rudyerd Bay, viewing snow-capped mountains overhead while keeping an eye out for whales, grizzlies, and bald eagles. Behold Misty Fjords' spectacular unspoiled scenery, as you soar in a floatplane high above alpine lakes, towering granite cliffs and waterfalls, and glacial valleys.
• Misty Fjords: The national monument's remote wilderness area is part of the sprawling Tongass National Forest, offering breathtaking natural scenery.
• Scenic Cruise: Enjoy cool breezes and coastal vistas while journeying through Rudyerd Bay, viewing colossal snow-capped peaks and Alaskan wildlife.
• Floatplane Ride: Admire picturesque alpine lakes, towering waterfalls and glacial valleys while enjoying a 25-30 minute trip above the monument.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Warm clothing
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Walking shoes
• This tour includes approximately 25-30 minutes of flight time.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• This tour can be operated in reverse. Flight first, return by boat.
• This tour follows Federal Aviation Administration requirements stating that children 2 years and older on any aircraft must occupy, and pay, a separate seat.
• Payment will be processed onboard your ship.