Experience the fish story of a lifetime as you go after the largest flatfish in the world, the powerful Pacific halibut. Board a custom-designed Raider Pro Fisherman, captained by an experienced local guide, get outfitted from head to toe, and head for protected waters that are just a short ride from the cruise ship dock. Then get ready for hours of enthralling, arm-burning action: the largest concentration of Pacific halibut exists in this region.
• Halibut Sportfishing: The fertile waters and sandy flats around Ketchikan make for an angler's paradise.
• Incredible Scenery: Take a break from tussling with a mighty halibut, sit back, relax and enjoy the breathtaking views.
• Keep Your Catch: Extend your halibut adventure, as your boat captain can arrange to have your catch shipped home.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Warm, layered clothing
• No guarantees are made with respect to catching any fish.
• You can ship your catch home for an additional charge (fish cannot be stored on cruise ship). Halibut over 100 pounds are caught in these waters.
• You will be allotted about 4½ hours of fishing time during this excursion.
• No matter your skill level, you will fish like a local with a Shakespeare rod and Penn 320 reel.
• Guests must be mobile enough to get into and out of boats.
• All-weather gear and a snack are provided.
• Kindly note that 1 day Alaska Fishing License ($15) is not included in the tour price and King salmon stamp is also required (U$15) from mid-June until September. Alaska Department of Fish and Game regulations apply.
• Guests must be between 5 and 90 years old, and not weigh more than 300 pounds.