Embark on a scenic nature and cultural adventure in Ketchikan with your own personal naturalist. Your day begins with a visit to Herring Cove, where you'll search for Black Bears in their natural habitat. You'll also have an opportunity to view runs of Pacific Salmon and an array of other wildlife. Enhanced trails through the dense rainforest will lead you on a picturesque hike, enjoying stops at select elevated locations for prime bear viewing. Continue to the Raptor Center and view Bald Eagles up close. Finally, visit the Carving Center, where a master totem carver crafts totems from local red cedar logs.
• Enjoy natural surroundings in Ketchikan in search of Black Bears in their natural habitat in Herring Cove.
• Observe salmon runs in Eagle Creek and estuary.
• View the abundance of wildlife as you hike through the heart of the dense rainforest.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Layered clothing
• Available to small groups, on a limited basis.
• Participants must be at least 12 years old and able to walk up to one mile without assistance.
• Participants are recommended to wear long pants and to avoid wearing bright colors.
• The tour operates mid July-September.