Take an excursion deep into the heart of a Herring Cove rainforest sanctuary, where black bears abound. Join a small group on a short, naturalist-led like into a natural wonderland of salmon rich streams that serve as a magnet for large concentrations of black bear. A series of elevated bridges and a private viewing platform let you safely observe these magnificent creatures. Then, visit the reindeer exhibit, historical sawmill, raptor center and a Native carver,all located on site.
• Bears and More: Few forest locations in North America offer the wildlife viewing opportunities found here.
• Professional Guide: A naturalist leads the group to the bear-viewing platform, as well as other excellent wildlife observation spots.
• Exclusive Expedition: The elevated bridges and private viewing platform are available only to a small number of visitors.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• This is a great tour for photographers and nature lovers.
• To minimize ecological impact, this tour is only available to small groups on a limited basis.
• This excursion's main objective is to see bears in their native habitat, but sightings cannot be guaranteed.
• Guests must be able to walk up to 1 mile without assistance.
• Guests are urged to wear long pants and avoid wearing bright colors.
• This tour operates from mid July-September.