Undertake an unforgettable exploration of Ketchikan from the extraordinary vantage point of an inflatable boat. After putting on some top-notch rain gear, board a four-person vessel for an exhilarating trip along the shoreline. Enjoy driving the boat as part of a caravan, as the guide leads the group to historical, cultural and ecological points of interest. Search for wildlife, admire totem poles at Saxman Native Village and explore the wild coastline of Southeast Alaska.
• Inflatable Boat Sightseeing: Probe the Ketchikan area's coastline in an easy-to-maneuver vessel that affords a unique perspective.
• Nichols Passage: Explore Blank Inlet and Blank Island and glimpse the majestic totem poles at Saxman Native Village.
• Wildlife Viewing: Search for whales, spawning salmon, bears and bald eagles.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• The route is determined by current wind, tide and weather conditions.
• Each boat has a capacity of four people. If you are a party of four, you will have your own boat; parties of two and three will share with other parties.
• This tour is not recommended for guests with pre-existing medical conditions such as cardiac, respiratory, or orthopedic conditions, including joint injuries or disease, or any other serious medical condition. Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving water-based activities. Guests should consider their swimming ability when selecting tours involving water-based activities.
• This tour takes place on coastal waterways, not a calm lake, so water can and will become choppy at times.
• Comfortable, warm-layered clothing is recommended.
• Drivers must be at least 26 years of age and present proof of age.
• Maximum of four guests per boat and all eligible guests will have an opportunity to drive.
• Guests must be between 4 and 75 years, and weigh 30 to 350 pounds.