Embark on an exhilarating off-road adventure on a custom designed Tomcar through Ketchikan’s unspoiled wilderness, as you are led by an expert driver through mountainous trails within sprawling Tongass National Forest. Enjoy a thrilling 1.5 hour trek across forest trails while admiring dazzling Inside Passage channel water views and the snow-capped peaks lining Behm Canal. Rejuvenate with a snack and beverage and look for bears, bald eagles, and wild deer.
• Guided Tomcar ride: Drive an open-air, all-terrain vehicle through forest trails alongside an expert guide.
• Alaskan Scenery: Explore the area's pristine wilderness, with spectacular views of the Inside Passage channel, ice-capped mountains, and Behm Canal.
• Refreshment break: Relax in the forest with a snack and beverage, while keeping lookout for black bears, soaring eagles and deer.
What to Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Warm clothes
• Drivers must be at least 16 years old and show a valid driver's license.
• Rain gear, dust masks, helmets, and gloves are provided.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Minimum of 2 guests per Kart with an opportunity to switch drivers at the half way point.
• Guests participating in these activities do so at their own risk. The nature of this tour includes inherent risks for its participants. All guests must understand and acknowledge that this activity bears certain known and unanticipated risks which could result in serious bodily injury. Make certain you are aware of these risks before purchase.
• Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
• Participants must be at least 50 inches tall and weigh between 40 and 300 pounds.