Embark on a rugged island adventure, hiking through rainforest to the crater of a dormant volcano. Off-road vehicles bring you to the base of Mount Liamuiga to begin the 2.5 hour ascent. Discover lush tropical flora—towering trees, tangled vines, beautiful flowers, and more—as you ascend to 3,000 feet above sea level. Enjoy a picnic lunch at the summit with amazing panoramic views before making the typically faster (1.5 hour) descent.
• Rainforest Trails: Discover tropical flora on the 6-mile hike up and down the slopes of dormant volcano Mount Liamuiga.
• Panoramic Views: On a clear day at 3,000 feet above sea level, sights from the crater include neighboring islands.
• Scenic Transfer: Travel into the countryside and off road to the base of the volcano.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards What To Wear:
• Closed-toe walking or climbing shoes
• Long pants
• Hat and sunglasses Important Notes:
• This is an extremely strenuous hike. Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions, or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour—particularly tours categorized as “strenuous.”
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Light picnic lunch is included.
• Total hiking distance is about 6 miles. The trail is rough and can be muddy or slippery. Guests should be physically fit with no balance or stability issues.