Explore a unique heritage and tropical gardens at historic Clay Villa Plantation House, once part of an 18th century estate. Learn about Caribbean traditions, the family owners, their mementos and artifacts, island plants and uses, and wildlife rescue efforts as you tour the house, museum, and expansive property. The tour includes panoramic narrated sightseeing of Basseterre’s key monuments, landmarks, and architecture and ends with free time at one of the island’s Caribbean beaches.
• Clay Villa Plantation: Discover this historic estate’s rich history and traditions as you tour the family house-museum and eco-friendly gardens.
• Historic Basseterre: See the capital’s leading landmarks, monuments, and sights in air-conditioned comfort on a narrated panoramic drive.
• Frigate Bay Beach: Relax on your reserved chair, swim, and stroll, enjoying easy access to beachfront bars and restaurants.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
What To Wear:
• Water shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• A complimentary beverage is served at Clay Villa Plantation.
• Beach bar and restaurant purchases are at guests’ discretion and expense.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, pre-existing neck, back, knee or shoulder injuries, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.