Your narrated tour of Basseterre reflects the colonial bygone years through its architecture, national monuments and fascinating history. Your first stop is Wingfield Sugar Estate whose restored structures, machinery, chimney and aqueducts give insight and understanding to Plantation life and leaves you with a lasting impressions of these sugar estates. Railway Bar is just two minutes away from the ruins, here you will sample two locally made rums. Restroom facilities are available on site. Continue to Timothy Hill lookout with its breath-taking views of the South East Peninsula. The final stop is at Vibes beach bar for a refreshing saltwater bath. Mingle with the locals at bars and restaurants, sample a variety of local and non-local beverages and delicacies. All transport departs for the ship at a designated time.
• Learn about the Plantation life at Wingfield Sugar Estate.
• Historic Basseterre: See the capital’s leading landmarks, monuments, and sights in air-conditioned comfort on a narrated panoramic drive.
• Vibes Beach: Relax, swim, and stroll, enjoying easy access to beachfront bars and restaurants.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
What To Wear:
• Water shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Beach bar and restaurant purchases are at guests’ discretion and expense.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, pre-existing neck, back, knee or shoulder injuries, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.• Guests can make arrangements with the driver to return to the ship if they do not wish to stay on the beach.
• Umbrellas and lockers are available for rent at Vibes Bar.
• Snacks are available for purchase.