Discover the rich history behind St. Kitts’ nickname, Sugar City, on a tour of the island’s first and only chocolate boutique, where you’ll not only sample confections but also create your own indulgent masterpiece. After a short walk from the pier, listen along as your dedicated guide expounds on the centuries-old sugarcane industry that once boomed amidst the islands of St. Kitts and Nevis. You’ll take a guided tour of this boutique factory, where a team of internationally trained chocolatiers produce handcrafted gourmet chocolate products using organic chocolate, butter, purees, spices and nuts from Belgium. These fine sweets come in white, milk, dark, red and green chocolate varieties. In a hands-on workshop, you’ll learn the art of chocolate making by creating your very own chocolate delight. Your creation will be freeze blasted and packaged for you to take home — and plenty more sweet treats are available for purchase at the onsite retail store. This is one adventure that will satisfy every sweet tooth. The duty-free shopping district in Port Zante calls to savvy shoppers with more than 60 stores offering stellar bargains on an array of goods and services. Many options are available and awaiting your unique taste.
• Specialized Chocolate Boutique: Meet a team of highly skilled chocolatiers who handcraft fine gourmet chocolate products in a top-notch island boutique facility.
• Interactive workshop: Create and take home your own chocolate masterpiece.
• Duty free shopping experience.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable clothing
• Guests must be able to do minimal walking (approximately 5 minutes) over various surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• All ingredients are organic with no chemicals, artificial colours, additives or preservatives.