Discover Key West’s colorful history, culture and flavors on a guided walking tour around Old Town that includes hot sauce tastings at Peppers of Key West, plus authentic key lime pie at Kermit’s. Head out on foot with a local guide through tropical streetscapes teeming with island charm. Learn about the Conch Republic’s legacy and the town’s quirky social traditions while strolling past country crooner Kenny Chesney’s vacation home and music icon Jimmy Buffett’s recording studio. A walk along raucous Duval Street leads you to Peppers of Key West, dubbed the “hottest spot on the island”. Step inside for a complimentary tasting of fiery hot sauces and salsas, with kitschy names like “Catch a Fire”, “Diver Down”, and “Feisty Parrot”. You’ll then make your way over to the Historic Seaport to explore its boat-lined docks. Stop in Kermit’s Key Lime Shoppe, a mainstay establishment dishing out Key West’s signature key lime pie for over 20 years. Enjoy a tart slice — or opt for a key lime bar on a stick, dipped in sweet Belgian chocolate. Both your spicy and sweet cravings will be satisfied, all before walking back to the pier at Mallory Square.
• Old Town: Join a narrated walking tour past vibrant streetscapes, celebrity homes, the Historic Seaport and buzzing Duval Street.
• Peppers of Key West: Set your taste buds ablaze with samples of hot sauces and salsas at this renowned retailer.
• Kermit’s: Indulge in a slice of key lime pie or a chocolate-dipped key lime bar on the covered patio.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .5 miles over flat surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.