The island of Lifou is renowned for its immaculate beaches — and on this three-hour combination tour you’ll not only indulge in some seaside relaxation at pristine Luecila Beach, but also enjoy a scenic drive from coast to coast. On a 30-minute coach ride, you’ll start out along picturesque Santal Bay and travel Lifou’s northwest seashore while delighting in the island’s diverse and dramatic cliff-side scenery. Heading inland you’ll pass through dense jungle roads before entering Wé, the capital town of Lifou. Listen along as your guide shares about the area’s culture and geological background and points out the village’s old Colonial churches, clan settlements and large waterfront wharf. Then it’s on to Luecila Beach, a postcard-perfect strip of shoreline where you’ll spend approximately two hours at your leisure. Lining the clear, turquoise waters of Chateaubriand Bay, this strand of powder white sand offers a getaway from other crowded beaches, as well as a prime swimming area, watersport rentals, cultural encounters and seaside cafes. Stroll, swim, snorkel, or sun as you wish before being conveniently escorted back to your ship.
• Lifou: Embark on a picturesque coast-to-coast motor coach drive around the largest of New Caledonia’s three Loyalty Islands.
• Wé: Travel through the island’s capital town, renowned for its old Colonial churches, large boating wharf and native clan settlements.
• Luecila Beach: Enjoy about two hours swimming, snorkeling, or sunbathing on a pristine white-sand shoreline along Lifou’s eastern coast.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Change of clothes
• Towel (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Reef socks/water shoes
• Guests must be able to walk over grassy and sandy surfaces.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Optional water activities payable at site and performed at guests’ own risk.
• As a courtesy, always ask permission before taking photographs of the Melanesian people.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your coach for return to ship.
• The drive to and from Luecila Beach is approximately 30 minutes each way.
• Tour sequence may vary.