Embrace the natural splendors, historical treasures and wonderful flavors of the Canary Islands on a combination tour that’ll have you hiking through lush landscapes and tasting a variety of local wines. After a scenic 40-minute drive you’ll join a friendly and knowledgeable guide on foot for an hour and a half hike through the verdant Tilos de Moya. Part of the protected Doramas Natural Park, the valley is one of the greenest areas of Gran Canaria and home to a small natural spring and endemic plants, including the trees for ancient Laurisilva forests. Tilos de Moya located on the north of the Island of Gran Canaria, between the Municipalities of Firgas and Moya (40 minutes ride from the pier). This Valley is a part of the Doramas Natural Park, a natural protected area. The route starts on Camino de los Tilos located a little bit away from the Town Centre. The walking route along the valley will follow, most of the time, a canyon which accounts with a small spring that favours the rich vegetation growing all over the Valley. Little by little the valley becomes narrower, with side walls of more than 100 metres high. Los Tilos has a large number of endemic plants, which include some trees from the Laurisilva forest, an ancient forest unique to the Macaronesia region. On the return way to Firgas we will follow an irrigation ditch “acequia”, which will help you to discover the complex water culture in the Canary Islands. The path which leads to the Centre of Firgas village, which is called the Village of Water, here you will enjoy of an impressive monument devoted to all the towns of the Island and also enjoy local wine with some snacks in a typical restaurant before return to the ship.
• Guided Hike: Trek across the verdant Tilos de Moya, spotting endemic plants and enjoying stunning vistas.
• Wine and Tapas Snack: Toast your adventure while relaxing in a local restaurant and savoring regional wines and a tapas snack.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Hiking shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
- Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
- Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour particularly tours categorized as strenuous.
- Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk for approximately two hours over stony nature trails and dirt paths, plus climb 6 steps.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
• Guests must be at least 10 years old to participate in this tour.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.