Set out on a 4.5-hour, fully guided walking tour that not only covers the sun-drenched beaches and centuries-old fortress of Las Palmas, but also the local handicraft workshops and tapas-style cuisine of this Spanish city. Follow a friendly and knowledgeable guide on foot around the capital of Gran Canaria, first strolling through the seafront Parque de Santa Catalina to learn about the olden days of trading. A trio of beaches then vie for your attention, as you admire the boat-laced waters of Las Canteras, rocky coastline of La Puntilla, and surfing legacy of El Confital. You'll even cross a drawbridge over the moat surrounding the 15th-century El Castillo de la Luz. Then walk along Rosarito Street to a handicraft studio to watch artisans apply ancient methods to natural dyeing and wool weaving. If you've worked up an appetite, a Spanish tapas lunch at the Trasmallo market stall will satisfy your palate, as you savor a family-style meal featuring fried sardines, prawn salad, fish croquetas, and Canarian clams. Wash it all down with a glass of wine or ice-cold beer before making your way back to the ship.
• Las Palmas: Enjoy a narrated walk past Parque de Santa Catalina, El Castillo de la Luz, and picturesque beaches.
• Gran Canaria: See how local artisans use centuries-old techniques, natural dyeing methods and soft wool to create handwoven items.
• Trasmallo: Indulge in Canarian flavors with a selection of traditional tapas that showcase the area's fresh seafood, croquetas and wine.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Light clothing
• Jacket or sweater
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk for approximately 4 hours over flat surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• This tour Is not suitable for children.
• Guests must provide advance notice of food allergies/restrictions.
• This tour is not suitable for guests with lactose or gluten intolerance.
• Tour operates in all weather conditions. Appropriate weather gear recommended.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.