Discover Lisbon’s rich history as the capital city of Portugal while relaxing on a picturesque tram ride around significant landmarks, prominent monasteries, and historic neighborhoods. Hop on a tram from your tram stop, traveling through nearby hills and downtown’s Baixa district, with its bustling squares and pedestrian-lined streets. Admire Manueline architecture at Jeronimos Monastery, where explorer Vasco de Gama’s tomb is located.
• Scenic Tram Ride: See downtown Lisbon landmarks and Baixa's popular squares traveling in a picturesque tram and enjoying refreshments.
• Jeronimos Monastery Church: The ornately Manueline-designed cathedral is where explorer Vasco de Gama's tomb resides.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Conservative church attire
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 800 yards over even and cobblestone surfaces with steps.
• Tram itinerary is subject to change without prior notice due to maintenance work.
• Interior visits to Jeronimos Church are conditional to religious ceremonies that may occur without prior notice.
• Interior visits to Jeronimos Church are not available Sunday mornings, and is closed on Mondays.
• When church is closed, guides give commentary outside.
• No exposed shoulders or knees in church.