Prepare yourself for a feast of the senses while viewing Lisbon’s architectural masterworks and tasting Portuguese wines. Hop in an air-conditioned motor coach alongside a friendly and knowledgeable guide for a ride through Lisbon’s city center and across 25th of April Bridge, sister of the Golden Gate. Visit the Jose Maria da Fonseca winery, where the same family has produced wine for nearly 200 years. Tour the ancient cellars and learn about Portugal’s wine industry before sampling a selection of their finest wines, including the region’s famous muscatel varietals. Venture then through the verdant Parque Natural da Arrabida, a protected reserve home to various plants, birds, deer and wild boars. At the 16th-century Arrabida Convent Belvedere enjoy a spectacular view of the Atlantic Ocean.
• Scenic Drive: Cross the 25th of April bridge as you pass over the Tagus River, venture through a lush natural reserve, and admire panoramic city and coastal views.
• Wine Tasting: Tour the ancient cellars and sample a selection of Portuguese wines at an historic family-owned and operated vineyard.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 800 yards over uneven and cobblestone surfaces and navigate 10 steps.
• This tour is not suitable for guests with limited mobility or those who are wheelchair confined.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests will receive 2 glasses of wine at the cellar.
• Tour order can vary however all sites will be covered.
• According to the Portuguese law, alcoholic beverages cannot be served to guests under 18 years old.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Consider dietary restrictions and food allergies when selecting tour.