Experience Portugal?s celebrated history and distinguished maritime legacy on a panoramic drive past the city?s most notable landmarks and neighborhoods before exploring in-depth Lisbon?s Maritime Museum. In the comfort of an air-conditioned motor coach, you?ll join an informative guide for a journey through the city center, complete with a photo stop at King Edward VII Park to admire its immaculately manicured landscapes and splendid view of the Tagus River. Then travel to the Belem area, where famous Portuguese explorers once set sail. Here you?ll see the lavishly decorated Belem Tower, the impressive Monument to the Discoveries, celebrating Portugal?s golden age of exploration, and visit the colossal Jeronimos Monastery Church, a masterpiece of Manueline architecture. With an hour to explore the Maritime Museum, you?ll discover miniature boats, original maps, terrestrial globes, and other artifacts that depict the history of navigation. Venture on by bus along Avenida da Liberdade, the city?s main thoroughfare, into the heart of downtown at Rossio Square, where you?ll enjoy 30 minutes of free time to shop or grab a quick taste of Portuguese cuisine before heading back to port.
• Panoramic Drive: Travel in a comfortable, air-conditioned motor coach and enjoy a photo stop at the splendid Edward VII Park.
• Belem Landmarks: See a collection of historic towers, monuments and monasteries that pay tribute to Portugal?s golden age of exploration.
• Maritime Museum: Explore the history of navigation while viewing miniature boats, original maps, terrestrial globes and other fascinating artifacts.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Conservative attire required
• Guests should dress respectfully when visiting the Jeronimos Church.
• No exposed shoulders or knees.
• No tank tops or shorts.
• Jeronimos Church closes for religious ceremonies on Sunday mornings and is closed on Mondays; therefore there will be an exterior explanation of the monument.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 400 yards over cobblestone and climb 5 steps.
• This tour is wheelchair accessible.
• Cancellation fees are only applied if these occur 12 hours prior to ship?s arrival.
• A radio guide system is included.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Interior visits of Jeronimos Church are dependent on religious ceremonies that may occur without prior notice.