Discover a treasure trove of Tuscan wonders on a full-day excursion that packs in the Renaissance charms of Florence and the architectural gems of Pisa, plus plenty of independent exploration in each city. Join a specialized guide for a narrated stroll through Florence, birthplace of the Renaissance. Enter Piazza della Signoria, the city’s largest square and home to the Loggia dei Lanzi sculpture gallery, where you’ll view a copy of Michelangelo’s “David”. Snap photos of the stone Ponte Vecchio bridge and stand before the Church of Santa Croce, burial place for the Italian monarchy. Enjoy an outside visit to the Florence Cathedral and admire its Florentine Gothic bell tower. You will have approximately two hours to roam, shop, and dine on your own. Before moving on to explore nearby Pisa, you will enjoy a Tuscan tasting of local delicacies accompanied by a glass of red wine. The medieval university town of Pisa, as your guide will explain, is best known for its Field of Miracles complex, where you’ll find a Duomo, Baptistery and the world-famous Leaning Tower. The free-standing campanile took 177 years to build, and you’ll have about an hour to take in its peculiar tilt before being transported back to port.
• Florence: Explore this Renaissance city on foot and have an outside visit to the Florence Cathedral, one of the largest churches on the planet.
• Pisa: Spend one hour independently exploring the bustling Field of Miracles square, admiring Tuscan-Romanesque architecture and the famous Leaning Tower.
• Independent exploration: Enjoy over two hours in Florence and approximately an hour in Pisa to shop, snap photos and grab lunch.
• Enjoy a sampling of Tuscan delicacies accompanied by a glass of red wine.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 3 miles over even and cobblestone surfaces and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• The walking distance between the Field of Miracles and the bus parking area is approximately 15 minutes each way.
• Tour does not include lunch or entrance fees.
• A Tuscan tasting included at the end of the guided tour.
• The Church of Santa Croce is closed on Sundays, during special events and during mass services.
• No cameras or video equipment permitted inside Church of Santa Croce.
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your coach for return to ship.
• Guests who miss the return transportation will be responsible for getting back to the ship.
• The drive from Livorno to Florence is approximately 90 minutes. The drive from Pisa to Livorno is approximately 45 minutes.
• Tour sequence may vary.