See the sunset unlike ever before while on an eight-hour adventure to Haleakala National Park, where you'll stand atop the summit district to take in the spectacle before savoring a wonderful 3-course meal for dinner. Recognized as an International Biosphere Reserve, Haleakala National Park is a swathe of stark volcanic landscapes nicknamed “house of the sun”. Home to the world's tallest dormant volcano, these public lands extend some 30,000 acres encompassing a rich ecosystem soaring 10,023 feet above sea level. You'll head for the clouds, ascending to the summit district and a prime spot to watch the sunset over the stunning central Maui valley. Stand in awe as the colors of dusk set in, with bursts of bright hues exploding above the horizon before the twinkling stars hang in the dark evening sky. Travel back down to earth for a delicious dinner that features freshly-caught fish, macadamia-crusted chicken, papaya salsa, Kona coffee ice cream and more local delicacies. The sun may fade away into night, but your memories of this day in Lahaina will last forever.
• Haleakala National Park: Explore the Hawaiian history, volcanic geology and divine-inspired folklore surrounding this International Biosphere Reserve.
• Summit District: Travel above the clouds to the Park's extraordinary summit region for the ideal spot to watch an unforgettable sunset.
• Hawaiian cuisine: Indulge in local dishes for dinner like fresh fish, macadamia-encrusted chicken, Kona coffee ice cream and more.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Jeans or trousers
• Layered clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 500 feet over uneven surfaces, with inclines and about 20 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• This tour is not suitable for guests with heart issues.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Temperatures at altitude can be much cooler, guests are advised to dress accordingly and layers are recommended.
• No smoking allowed.
• No scuba diving within the 24 hours prior to tour.
• Guests may wish to alter their onboard dining plans as this tour may extend into regular dining room hours.
• Please note that meal options may vary based on seasonality and availability.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• All guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.