Enjoy actively hiking in the Opunohu Valley of Moorea and get an up close look at Tahiti’s beautiful natural environment. Your hike proceeds along the trails of the "The Sister Island." You’ll appreciate the beauty of the caldera surrounded by panoramic mountain views, and learn about the island’s fauna and flora as you listen to commentary from your guide. Enjoy a vigorous hike while experiencing the peace and serenity of nature. Trek through the rainforest uncovering the secrets of Polynesian plants and fruits, while watching for local birds.
• Power hike: Hike in the Opunohu Valley of Moorea and get an up close look at Tahiti’s beautiful natural environment.
• Photo opportunities: View stunning landscapes and pass forests of ferns and native trees as you explore this beautiful island.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Biodegradable sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Bottled water
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Hiking shoes with non-slip soles
• This tour is strenuous.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests will be engaged in physical activity for approximately 4 to 5 hours on this tour. Duration is dependent on group fitness level.
• Hiking tours may involve a strenuous and lengthy hike over uneven terrain, uphill, and downhill trails, under limited shade. This kind of activity is recommended for guests in very good physical condition. The operation of this tour is dependent on weather. Guests should bring water from the ship (1 liter per person minimum).
• Considering your physical condition and the conditions you may encounter on the tour, we ask that you review the following to reach your decision:
• If you choose to go on the tour, you may be exposed to dangerous conditions, whether they are natural or man-made, or whether they arise from encounters with slippery mud, slippery rocks, rising stream waters, or insects.
• This tour involves a very strenuous and tenthly 3.5 mile hike over partly shaded and uneven terrain, in a tropical environment (heat and humidity), over uphill and downhill trails, with an elevation gain averaging 1171 feet. Ropes may be used. Hiking over fallen trees and crossing wet and muddy areas may be involved.
• This tour is recommended for guests in very good physical condition only.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• Tour will operate in wet weather. Weather cancellations occur when weather conditions would result in safety issues.
• Weather is independent of our control and no refund/compensation will be given for tours operating in the rain.