Enjoy an intimate look at Moorea's natural wonders and cultural heritage while on a 3.5-hour, small-group outing that will have you riding in a Jeep through island countryside to archaeological sites and the Belvedere Lookout. Hop in an open-air Jeep with seating limited to eight adventure seekers. Then take off on a drive under the thick canopy of banyan trees and past plantations plump with sweet pineapples — you might even stop in a local fruit juice factory for a tour and tastings. Learn about the agricultural roots of French Polynesia and its earliest settlers while viewing the excavations of ancient Marae temples. Travel past idyllic beaches surrounded by sky-scraping mountain peaks and emerald valleys plunging below to the crystalline lagoon. At the top of Belvedere Lookout, you'll be rewarded with sweeping views of a sunken volcanic crater and small ‘motus' islands. From the summit you'll see Opunohu Bay on the western slope of Mt. Rotui and Cook's Bay on the island's eastern shore, all while admiring bright turquoise waters that turn into deep azure seas where a necklace of coral reefs encircles the tropical island of Moorea.
• Moorea: Delight in a small-group sightseeing Jeep ride past pineapple groves, rainforest-clad mountains.
• French Polynesia: Trace Tahitian history while combing the ruins of ancient Marae temples before exploring the archipelago's farming roots.
• Belvedere Lookout: The panoramic view of an ancient volcano crater, glistening bays and coral reefs is nothing short of breathtaking.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Reusable water bottle
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk over uneven surfaces, with inclines and about 2 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• Tour operates in wet weather conditions. Appropriate weather gear recommended.
• Visit to fruit juice factory and agricultural school dependent on venue openings, which may be closed on weekends and holidays.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.