Discover the Spanish tradition of tapas - not just a meal, but a treasured social ritual - on a tasting tour that includes the landmarks of Malaga. Admire the architecture of the Alcazaba, 11th-century home of Granada's sultans. Enjoy hilltop views from Gibralfaro Castle. See an ancient Roman theater, the bullring, and the birthplace of Pablo Picasso. Then enjoy a tasting in three tapas restaurants, relaxing over wine or beer with friends like a true Malagan.
• Tapas Tasting: Visit three restaurants specializing in the delightful bite-sized treats that are a cherished part of Spanish social life.
• Alcazaba Palace: Once the home of Malaga's Arabic rulers, this 11th-century castle is the best-preserved Moorish fortress in Spain.
• Gibralfaro Castle Exterior: Enjoy spectacular views of city, sea and the mountains to the north from this 13th-century hilltop stronghold.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Weather appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1-1/2 miles over uneven and cobblestone surfaces, with 50 to 75 steps.
• One glass of wine or beer and one tapa per person at each tapas restaurant.
• Local currency required for additional purchases.
• Guests may wish to make alternate dining plans onboard; duration and departure time may extend into regular dining room hours.