Peer through the mists of time on a guided walk through the extensive ruins on uninhabited Delos, one of the most significant excavated sites of ancient Greece. A boat cruise (approximately 30 minutes) transfers you to the tiny isle where you will step into the mythological birthplace of Apollo, once considered the holiest sanctuary in all of Greece. Visit the Apollo temple, the Terrace of the Lions, and Hellenistic mansions with superbly preserved floor and wall mosaics.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Delos: Stroll among elegant statues and other significant ruins while luxuriating in the matchless beauty of the Cyclades archipelago.
• Temple of Apollo: Stand in the shrine dedicated to the ancient god of sun, light, music, harmony, and beauty.
• Hellenistic Lifestyle: Discover the wealth of mosaic treasures depicting scenes of ordinary life, animals, mythological figures, and geometric pavers.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Guests must be able to walk over varying terrain approximately two hours with extended periods of standing.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 10 minutes between shuttle station and pier to board ferry bound to/from Delos.
• Many shops close in mid-October.
• No shops or stores on Delos Island.
• Delos tour will operate during the month of November based on weather conditions.
• Umbrellas and jackets recommended by end of September.
• Following tour in Delos, boat returns you to Mykonos harbor. After Aegean boat ride, guide will point out the way to the water shuttle station for return to ship.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German, Italian and Spanish. A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.