Explore the charming seaside village of Cassis on an extended, six-hour tour, giving you ample room in your day for extra discovery and delight. Wind along the serpentine road of La Gineste on a panoramic drive leading over a mountain ridge. Marvel at how Cassis, a former Roman trading post, nestles at the foot of the imposing Cap Canaille, one of the highest cliffs in Europe. In Cassis, take the petit train touristique (little tourist train) to the Vieux Port for an enchanting guided stroll. Then spend a few hours exploring at your leisure. Enjoy typical Provençal cuisine at one of the cafés along the pier. Amble along quaint narrow streets, perusing the shops and boutiques. Or soak up the sun, and the atmosphere, on a pretty, pebbly beach. Enjoy a scenic coastal drive on the way back, admiring the rocky, sheltered inlets called calanques, whose white cliffs pair spectacularly against the turquoise-blue Mediterranean Sea.
• Cap Canaille: This cliff, one of the highest in Europe, has served as a sailor’s landmark for thousands of years.
• Charming Cassis: Take time to discover the colorful harbor, pier lined with cafés and shops, and beautiful, pebbly beaches.
• Calanques: Carved into the mountainside, these dramatic-looking inlets are known as Mediterranean fjords.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Bathing suit and towel from ship
• Comfortable walking shoes
- Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
- Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, pre-existing neck, back, knee or shoulder injuries, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
- Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Shops may be closed on Sundays and national holidays.