See the best historical and natural sights Molde has on offer while on a two-hour, fully guided stroll that leads you past Molde Cathedral, Romsdal Museum, Moldegard farm, and includes panoramic views from Reknes Park. Follow a local guide on a sightseeing path around the Town of Roses, hearing about how its fertile soil and mild climate inspired its nickname. Trace the town's history, from a trading post during the Middle Ages to the destruction suffered during World War II. Stand before the Neo Gothic bell tower of Molde Cathedral, which was built in 1957 and holds up to 1,000 worshippers. Then traipse through the open-air Romsdal Museum, where a collection of typical buildings encompasses one of Norway's largest folk exhibits. Your route continues with an overview on local agriculture at Moldegard, a former farm and country manor owned by the Moller family in the 1700s. Then climb up a twisting trail past flower-filled gardens to Reknes Park, where you'll be rewarded with sweeping views of the townscape and photo-worthy fjord below.
• Molde: Set out on foot alongside a knowledgeable guide who leads you through this Norwegian city's main streets.
• Norwegian history: Admire the Neo Gothic design of Molde Cathedral, walk around Romsdal Museum's outdoor cultural exhibits, and see Moldegard farm.
• Natural wonders: Endure an uphill trek to Reknes Park, relishing picturesque views of breathtaking Romsdalsfjord and Molde's colorful gardens.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light sweater or pullover
• Guests must be able to walk for approximately 2 hours over cobblestone surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.