This 8.5-hour adventure packs in all the Norwegian scenery, cuisine and folklore, as you enjoy sightseeing around Molde, cross Romsdalsfjord by ferry, savor lunch in Valldal village, and stand before the majestic Troll Wall. The discovery kicks off with a narrated drive along Molde's main street corridor, as your guide shares the town's history. Then relish panoramic views of Romsdalsfjord's dramatic seascape on a short ferry boat ride. . Travel through the Skorgedalen Valley past mountain villages renowned for salmon fishing and wooden furniture factories. The exploration continues with a harrowing drivedown the hairpin turns and steep inclines of Trollstigen mountain road. At the bottom of Trollstigen road, you'll relax in the cozy cottage environs of Trollstigen Gjestegard Restaurant, where a buffet meal of authentic Norwegian foods and desserts will be served. After lunch, drive to the Troll Wall, the tallest vertical rock face in Europe. Standing 3,600 feet high, the spired summit is a popular spot among rock climbers and base jumpers. Listen along to Norway's troll legends, before traveling through an underwater tunnel en route back to the ship.
• Molde: Enjoy a narrated sightseeing drive through town followed by a ferry boat ride across breathtaking Romsdalsfjord.
• Trollstigen Gjestegard: Indulge in a buffet spread of traditional Norwegian dishes among the cozy setting of a local village cafe.
• Trollstigen Road and Troll wall: drive down the haipin bends of the famous Trollstigen road and marvel at the 3600 ft vertical rock face of Troll Wall.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Closed-toe shoes
• Light sweater or pullover
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .2 miles over uneven surfaces, with inclines and about 130 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests who suffer from vertigo should not select this tour.
• This tour is accessible to guests with limited mobility; however, guests must be able to climb into the coach and take a few, small steps on their own.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Tour operation subject to weather conditions.
• Tour sequence may vary.