Explore Taormina at your own pace and discover the joys of the Pearl of the Mediterranean strolling through this charming medieval town that seamlessly blends old-world charm with a modern flair. After, enjoy an unforgettable tour in the fantastic Naxos Bay.
Overlooking the Bay of Naxos from its rocky promontory 700 feet above sea level, Taormina has been a popular destination for centuries. Explore this historic enclave on your own at your own pace strolling through the medieval quarter and visit the remains of the Greek Theater built in the 3rd century B.C. showcasing breathtaking views of Mount Etna. Stroll the fashionable Piazza Vittorio Emanuele and the bustling main street of Corso Umberto, lined with boutiques and cafes, before boarding your boat for a cruise along Taormina Bay.
Your first stop is the Love Grotto, followed by the Bay of Taormina. At Capo Taormina, look out for the prickly pear rock. After sailing around Isola Bella, visit the Blue Grotto and the Bay of Mazzarò. During a brief stop enjoy refreshments paired with delicious almond cookies and cannoli with prosecco. If you like, there’s time to go for a swim near Isola Bella before returning to the pier and making your way back to the ship.
• Relaxing day: Explore charming Taormina at your own pace, followed by an unforgettable boat tour.
• Naxos Bay: Visit Love Grotto, sail about Isola Bella, visit the Blue Groto and more.
• Shopping possibilities: In Taormina, stroll the fashionable Piazza Vittorio Emanuele and the bustling main street of Corso Umberto, lined with boutiques and cafes.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Tour will not take place during inclement weather.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• The boat portion of the tour is unguided.