Come along for a full-day, all-encompassing trip through Havana with a local guide as you spend eight hours exploring the city’s, sprawling cemetery, notable square, artsy neighborhoods, artisan market, literary connections and authentic Cuban cuisine served by locals. You’ll first make a stop at Colon Cemetery where more than 500 famous Cuban filmmakers, politicians and baseball players rest in peace under marble gravestones. Admire local artist Jose Rodriguez Fuster’s brightly hued sculptures in the Fusterlandia neighborhood and then indulge in a delicious Cuban lunch. Your panoramic bus tour leads you to Finca Vigia, the former “lookout house” of American novelist Ernest Hemingway, as well as Revolution Square where you’ll hear from a local's perspective about the country’s large-scale political rallies. Travel past the national Capitol Building in route to the Almacenes San Jose, a craft market built in 1885 which hosts self-employed locals where you can shop for leather goods, ceramic pieces, ornamental items, guayaberas, paintings and Afro-Cuban instruments. This daylong guided adventure delivers a comprehensive overview of Cuba’s capital city — and is a must-do for all travelers coming to Cuba for the first time, provided an opportunity to soak up the local culture and interact with locals.
• Historical Havana: See the gravestones of famous Cuban residents in Colon Cemetery and stand amidst gigantic Revolution Square.
• Cuban culture: Discover Fusterlandia’s eclectic artworks, dine on delectable Cuban specialties in local restaurants, and view the former residence of author Ernest Hemingway.
• Almacenes San Jose: Built in 1885, this waterfront market is where local merchants hawk leather goods, ceramics, paintings and more.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card, passport and Visa
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Light clothing
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Finca Vigia is closed on Sundays and select holidays, and will be substituted with visits to the exteriors of the Old Havana hotel where Hemingway lived for a time in the 1930s, and bar El Floridita.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• This tour does not include visits to Old Havana.
• There are 42 steps at the pier that will need to be taken to meet tour guide and bus.
• One bottle of Evian Water will be provided to each guest.
• The Almacenes San Jose are closed the first Monday of each month and select holidays and will be replaced with another shopping venue.
• Due to Cuban tour logistics, departure times may change when arriving on your ship.