Come along for a day trip through Havana, as you spend six hours exploring the city’s, notable square, artsy neighborhoods, artisan market, literary connections and authentic cuisine. Admire local artist Jose Rodriguez Fuster’s brightly hued sculptures in the Fusterlandia neighborhood and then indulge in a delicious Cuban lunch. Your panoramic bus tour leads you to Finca Vigia, the former “lookout house” of American novelist Ernest Hemingway, as well as Revolution Square, where you’ll hear about the country’s large-scale political rallies. Travel past the National Capitol Building in route to the Almacenes San Jose, a craft market built in 1885 where you can shop for leather goods, ceramic pieces, ornamental items, guayaberas, paintings and Afro-Cuban instruments. This adventure delivers an overview of Cuba’s capital city — and is a must-do for all travelers coming to Cuba for the first time.Highlights
• Historical Havana: Stand amidst gigantic Revolution Square.
• Cuban culture: Discover Fusterlandia’s eclectic artworks, dine on delectable Cuban specialties, and view the former residence of author Ernest Hemingway.
• Almacenes San Jose: Built in 1885, this waterfront market is where local merchants hawk leather goods, ceramics, paintings and more.What to Bring
• SeaPass card, passport and Visa
• Sun protectionWhat to Wear
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Light clothingImportant Notes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• This tour does not include visits to Old Havana.
• There are 42 steps at the pier that will need to be taken to meet tour guide and bus.
• The Almacenes San Jose are closed the first Monday of each month, this portion of the program will be replaced with another shopping venue.
• One bottle of Evian Water will be provided to each guest.
• Due to Cuban tour logistics, departure times may change when arriving on your ship.
• When raining or other adverse weather conditions, a panoramic bus tour may be substituted for part or all of the tour.
• Finca Vigia is closed on Sundays and select holidays, and will be substituted with visits to the exteriors of Hotel Ambos Mundos and bar El Floridita.