Prepare to experience an evening full of Cuban culture, flavors and entertainment as you explore Old Havana and Plaza de San Francisco before enjoying live music, plus drinks and food at the world-famous Café Taberna. Glimpse Cuba's capital city by night as you travel past glowing streetscapes and a mixture of Baroque and Neoclassical architecture. In the core of the historic city-center you'll take a guided stroll along narrow cobbled streets into Plaza de San Francisco, home to a 17th-century church and convent facing the harbor. Then enter Café Taberna, the first café in Havana dating back to 1772. Here is where you'll learn all about beloved Cuban singer Benny More and savor a selection of mojito cocktails, local beer and small plates. You'll also be blown away by the songs of the Grammy Award-winning group Buena Vista Social Club, with a live concert featuring musicians performing tunes that span from the 1950s to contemporary rhythms. This is your chance to experience Havana's "Traditions of Yesterday, Today and Always".
• Old Havana: See the illuminated streetscapes, colorful culture and dynamic architecture of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Plaza de San Francisco: Walk across cobblestone pathways past flowing fountains and the sky-high bell tower of a 17th-century church.
• Café Taberna: Enjoy cocktails, light bites and music performances inspired by Buena Vista Social Club and mambo king Benny More.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
What to Wear:
• Proper attire required
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .2 miles over paved surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• The walk from the ship to the venue and return is approximately 10 minutes each way over cobblestone streets.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• No tank tops, shorts, t-shirts or flip-flops.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• Due to Cuban tour logistics, departure times may change when arriving on your ship.