Discover Saint John’s magnificent natural wonders, including a scenic boat ride around the expansive Bay of Fundy. At the New Brunswick Museum, discover the forces that work together to create the highest tides in the world, plus learn about the area’s abundant wildlife. Then board a sightseeing boat for a closer look at the Reversing Rapids, where the mighty Bay of Fundy causes the Saint John River to reverse direction and flow upstream.
• New Brunswick Museum: See fascinating exhibits on the Bay of Fundy’s extreme tidal ranges and the area’s diverse wildlife.
• Scenic Bay Cruise: Travel around the picturesque Bay of Fundy; keep your eyes open for native wildlife.
• Reversing Rapids: Twice daily, the powerful 28-plus-feet tides of the bay push the river and its rapids to flow backwards.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Shoes with non-slip soles
• This is a walking tour.
• Guests must be able to walk a quarter mile from the pier to the museum.
• There are approximately 60 steps at the boat ramp to board the boat onto a floating wharf.
• This tour is not suitable for guests with limited mobility.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.