Experience everything Saint John has to offer. Your picture-perfect day includes the incredible Reversing Falls, the Old City Market, historic Fort Howe and charming St. Martins.
On this exciting tour, you’ll see where the mighty St. John River and the Bay of Fundy’s monstrous tides collide, creating the Reversing Rapids. Whether slack tide or peak tide, the view from the vantage point is always awesome. At Fort Howe, built by the British during the American Revolution, the lookout offers a panoramic city and harbor vistas — and a great photo opportunity of your ship on the horizon.
Your tour includes the Old City Market, the country’s oldest farmer’s market. There, take pictures of the same wrought-iron gates that have swung closed at the end of each business day since 1880. After, enjoy some time on your own at the market for exploring, shopping and a bite of lunch. Then head to St. Martins, a quaint fishing village founded by Loyalists in 1783 and one of the prettiest hamlets along the Bay of Fundy shores. Have your photo taken in front of two covered bridges, the only spot in the world where two can be seen in one shot. Also, before returning to the ship, visit the impressive red sandstone sea caves, accessible by foot during low tide.
• Must-see highlights: Visit the Old City Market, Reversing Rapids, St. Martins, Fort Howe and more.
• Sea Caves: Step inside these red sandstone caves, carved over millions of years by the push and pull of the Bay of Fundy’s tides.
• Free Time: Enjoy time on your own for shopping or lunch.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Bottled water
• Umbrella (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Closed-toe walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Loose clothing
• Guests must be able to walk more than 200 yards over flat, paved and grassy surfaces and beaten pathways, with inclines, more than 600 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Pregnant women are advised to use their own discretion when engaging in tour activities.
• Drivers/guides are not permitted to “carry” guests; however, “assisting” in and out of the vehicle is permitted.
• No scooters allowed.