Venture into the heart of Louisiana’s swampland aboard a canopied boat. Travel deep into the meandering shady bayous lined with moss-draped cypress trees, fascinating plant life and creatures that call these swamps home. Along the way, your guide, a native of South Louisiana and Cajun Country, will recount the legends and lore of Louisiana’s still untamed wilderness. Hear tales of how notorious pirate, Jean Lafitte, raided Spanish ships in the Gulf of Mexico and retreated to the dense swamps with his treasures. Now, a more natural type of wildlife inhabits the area. Nature permitting, you may see alligators, egrets, mink, nutria and other inhabitants who enjoy the dank, mysterious bayou environment.
• Swampland adventure: Journey by boat into the heart of Louisiana's natural swampland.
• Get close to gators: In the safety and comfort of the boat, you can actually come within a few feet of jumping alligators.
• Local guides: Native Cajun captains, with their accents and lively humor, share stories of the early days of the Louisiana bayou.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Insect repellent
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Layered clothing
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Wheelchairs cannot be accommodated.
• Tour itinerary and sequence may vary, depending on traffic.
• Guests must be able to negotiate a small ramp boarding the swamp boat and steps on and off the coach.
• Sightings of alligators and other wildlife cannot be guaranteed.