Hop aboard the Creole Queen, a paddlewheel boat, for an early-evening cruise on the majestic Mississippi River, accompanied with the sweet sounds of an authentic New Orleans jazz band. Sit back, sip a glass of wine, savor classic Creole cuisine and take a trip through jazz history - or kick up your heels and dance. Enjoy a serenade of jazz music through the ages, beginning with its early, turn-of-last-century Ragtime roots. Your cruise gets lively with the sounds of the Jazz Age of the Roaring '20s, when flappers danced the Charleston. Then tap your toes or dance to the Big Band numbers of the '30s and '40s, all-time greats like "In the Mood" and "Moonlight Serenade."
• Dinner cruise: Ride a paddlewheel boat along the Mississippi River while enjoying delicious Creole cuisine.
• Authentic jazz band: Hear the evolution of Dixieland Jazz, music that is as vibrant today as the city from which it was born — New Orleans.
• Sit back and relax: Or kick up your heels and dance — enjoy the evening the way you want.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Layered clothing
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Tour is designed to allow guests to enjoy jazz music and a ride aboard a paddle wheeler; tour is not meant to be a scenic river cruise.
• Cruise times may be altered or cancelled because of weather and/or safety concerns.
• Depending on the ships berth, there will be either a short walk to the paddle-steamer or a brief coach ride. The boat ride will last around 2 hours.
• Iced tea and coffee are included and additional drinks may be purchased on board if required.
• It is common practice on board the paddle-steamer for all drinks to be served in plastic cups.
• Smart casual wear and flat shoes are recommended. There are 2 steep flights of steps to reach the upper decks.