Explore America's wartime history while exploring the interactive exhibits, artifact displays and 4D film experiences of the National WWII Museum, all before being conveniently dropped off at the airport for your flight. An air-conditioned motor coach will pick you up from the cruise pier and shuttle you to the doors of the National WWII Museum. Here you'll have three hours to wander at your leisure, discovering a collection of exhibits detailing the American experience in World War II. Walk past large tanks, military trucks and airplanes at the US Freedom Pavilion, while old weapons, uniforms and oral histories tell the story of the D-Day Invasion of Normandy. Learn about efforts on the Home Front at the Louisiana Memorial Pavilion, where you'll see a recreated 1940s train station and an amphibious landing vehicle designed and built by Higgins Industries in New Orleans. Finally, you'll be transferred to Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport in time to catch your flight.
• National WWII Museum: An impressive collection of weapons, uniforms, oral histories, airplanes, and a 4D film trace America's war legacy.
• Louisiana Memorial Pavilion: Walk through a recreated 1940s train station and see Higgins boats that were built in New Orleans.
• Louis Armstrong Airport: Explore one of the city's best museums with the ease of a coach transfer to the airport.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles over flat surfaces, with inclines and about 5 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• This tour is accessible to guests with limited mobility; however, guests must be able to climb into the coach and take a few, small steps on their own.
• This tour available only to guests with flights departing from Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport on the last day of the cruise.
• Luggage will be stored in luggage bin of bus and will remain on the bus until guests reach the airport after the museum.
• No luggage will be offloaded when guests arrive at the museum.
• Tour does not operate on Mardi Gras day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.